Writers Block

 Admittedly, writing during this pandemic has been both the easiest thing I've ever done (it comes so naturally some days) and the absolute hardest. I've been unemployed for over a year (thanks to C19 and reduction in force), and while it's been a great opportunity to work on my education (I spent a year doing Stan Winston School for Character Arts, a few months learning barely passable German via Rosetta Stone, and the university of YouTube for various other things I wanted to learn about) I've been writing in spurts.

Some months I went about writing every single day. I even did some freelance writing here and there for a realty gig. I've gotten over 30 contracts signed to publish my short stories (coming soon for sale, I'm hoping), and I've written almost 51 thousand words in my own novel.

My problem is how easily distracted I am at home. I'll worry about others in the house, the dogs and cats, who has eaten, what's on the TV, what YouTube subscriptions has to offer me, and so on. I'm very thankful my local Starbucks has opened up for limited seating and I've been able to get a seat to get some real work done.

I'm currently chipping away at a huge pile of short stories to help bust-up my writers block I've hit during my efforts to turn out my own novel.

Writers block is a real thing and a struggle. I don't have a solution really, but I do enjoy using other outlets like coloring, painting, or sketching to throw my creative brain into other gears to try and work around it. What are some things that help you with your writers block? I'd love to know.

-Kevin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creators Corner with Castiglione podcast appearance

Reaperman, another collection I'm a part of.

Buy "Tales of the Undead" now!